So You Learned to Knit/Crochet During The Pandemic
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
- Pattern Reading--Knitting and crochet patterns have their own language, Unwind Staff will help you demystify them so you can proceed fearlessly into your making.
- Finishing Your Handmade Items--Unwind Staff will walk you through the techniques required to make your FOs shine. Includes information on weaving in ends, seaming, blocking, and how to store handcrafted items for the season.
- Small Circumference Knitting--Unwind Staff will help you master the various methods of knitting small items in the round (hats, socks, sleeves). Learn how to work with double-pointed needles, have fun with Magic Loop, and play with Flexi-Flips so you can feel comfortable making all the small things. A prerequisite for Learn to Knit Socks.
Pick If You Throw; Throw If You Pick--All knitters have a preferred method to practice their beloved craft but it's good to know how to do both; it makes two color stranded colorwork knitting a breeze and helps prevent repetitive use injuries. Unwind Staff will show you how to master "the other way!"
- Gauge Deep Dive--Gauge is a Maker's Best Friend but often feels like an annoying relative; Unwind Staff will help you make peace with gauge by making it work for you!
- Fixing Knitting Mistakes--Unwind Staff will cover the basics of fixing stitches in stockinette, garter, and on row ends.
- Short Row Mania--Short Rows can be a design element or add extra fabric where most needed in a garment, and there a ton of ways to make them. Unwind Staff will go over a few, help you determine your favorite, and provide guidance to substitute your chosen technique for what's called for in the pattern.
- Basic Lace & Cables--Unwind Staff will introduce you to the basics of these classic knitting stitch motifs.
- Casting On & Bind Off--Unwind Staff will take you beyond the long-tail into the wonderful world of the various knitting cast-ons, and will introduce you to the various ways to get your knitted WIPs off the needles and why you would choose one over another.
A la carte sessions are $40 and last two hours. Purchase 3 sessions and save 10% on your total class fees; purchase the whole 10 session package and save 30%!
Some classes may require homework; participants will be contacted prior to the session to make the necessary preparations. Unless otherwise noted, all classes are in person at Unwind Fiber Arts, limited to 5 persons, and all supplies are sold separately.
- Free Shipping on U.S. Orders over $100